Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spontaneous Cookout

One of my favorite things to do when we are at Mom and Dad's is the spontaneous cookout. Dad built this fire pit and all summer long, rather than cooking dinner on the stove, lots of evenings they'll decide to just roast some hotdogs over the fire.

Last time we were down Mom called from town to say she was bringing home the stuff to have hotdogs for dinner...I immediately thought-fire pit. Turns out that wasn't what Mom had planned, but at my suggestion we "broke out" the firepit for the first time this summer.

My superhero nephew Caden was there to guard us.

MaMaw Edith and PaPaw Otto had us down for the worlds yummiest breakfast on Saturday. Homemade white syrup with biscuits...you can't beat that. MaMaw of course had fried eggs, bacon, and fresh applesauce, which was also delicious, but for me the syrup is the main attraction. It was always my favorite at their house growing up and at almost 30 years old, they still spoil me by making it especially for me when they know I am in town. And may I just refer back to this picture and say what is up with Bray's smile? He is in this phase right now where we either get this smile or his tongue sticking out anytime we want a picture.

Oh, yes. There is the tongue in this picture with Uncle Ronald and Aunt Carol.

Love this one of Mom and JoLee!

No comments: