Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Four

What is it about 4 that makes kids feel like they are now so big, so grown-up? I remember when JoLee turned 4 everything was "I can do this, because I am 4 now" and even when Reanna was 4 I remember her classic "I'm 4, ya know" response to everything. Well, Braylon is no exception. At 38 pounds and 40 and 1/4 inches tall he now thinks he is about as big as you can get. All day his Birthday party day, and everyday since, it has been "I don't need help, I'm 4" or "She can't do that, she is a baby, but I can because I'm 4", etc. In addition to his new grown-up attitude, Bray is making us laugh daily with his ever growing vocabulary and imagination. This evening he reported that he takes his naps at "high-noon". And then while playing with his farm animals he reported that "the baby pig was nudging its mama." There have been countless little phrases or words that have made us giggle lately and also some temper tantrums that have had us at our wits end. But overall I see my baby growing up before my eyes and testing limits, trying to figure out exactly who he is. Braylon, I just hope that we have the ability to give you the guidance you need at this stage in your life...as it has been with every age so far, it feels like this is such an important time in shaping the kind of person you are going to turn out to be. I ask daily for wisdom and patience. But know that you always have our unconditional love.

2 comments:

Doris Weekley said...

Those pics are beautiful. He has to know that he is BooBoo's sweetheart and I will love hom forever!!! I miss him so much! You love your kids to death, but WOW a grandson like Braylon makes me look and act STUPID!!! He sure has brought loads of joy into our family.

Paula said...

These are the great pictures!