Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meet Lando

Our big boy has not been sucking his fingers for months now and today we were finally able to follow through on our end of the bargain and get him a puppy (with the much appreciated help of MaMaw and PaPaw).Thanks MaMaw and PaPaw for the special delivery!

The first hug (or choke hold).

After throwing around a ton of names such as Tito, Tackles, Pat White (yes he seriously suggested naming the dog Pat White), a bunch of nonsense words, and Star Wars names: ChewBarka, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, C3Po, and R2D2 we finally just had to limit Braylon to 3 names to choose from. Drew liked Victor, we both liked Amos (Amos is the dog in Drew's fav. children's book), and I liked Lando, which was in my opinion the best option from the Star Wars names Braylon had mentioned ...it reflects Bray's current Star Wars craze and sounds like a pretty cool dog name. At first Bray refused to pick. Then as we were taking the pup out for a walk he said "come on Lando"...so Lando it is. Lando settled right in. He seems to be a very smart, good dog. He did well on his walk tonight (he walked the whole loop around the neighborhood and did not pee until one step back into our yard...pretty cool coincidence or we just adopted the worlds smartest dog from the pound) then as soon as we brought him back in he laid down on his bed to sleep. Braylon wanted Lando to sleep with him but his Dad was very against that so he settled for bringing his pillow down and laying with the pup on his bed...he covered him up and Lando just laid there. Braylon read Lando a couple of bed time stories, told him the story of the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf (which has become his favorite), told him some ghost stories, then had to kiss him and tell him good night. The cutest thing...for those of you who haven't heard Drew and Bray's bed time routine it goes like this "I love you Braylon", "I love you Daddy", "Good night", "Good night", "Sleep well", "Sleep well", "You're my special little man", "You're my special little man too"... they have been doing this for as long as Bray could talk. Well anyway before Braylon could go to bed he said "I love you Lando, Good night, Sleep well, You're my special little dog." Too adorable! Then to top it all off, as I was tucking him in Braylon said "tomorrow I am going to tell Carson and Justin that I got a new dog and his name is Lando Calrissian and they will say Lando Calweessian and I will say no, Lando Calrissian!" I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot more of Lando in the future.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lando looks like he's going to be an awesome dog. I can't wait to meet him!

Paula said...

I am so glad that is doing well...since he is HUGE! That was super cute about the bedtime...

Doris Weekley said...

Boo and PaPaw love that dog. We cannot wait to play with him. We will need to teach him some tricks

Anonymous said...

Welcome Lando!!

He is a very cute dog with a way cool name.

-Kathy