Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thieves

Well, everyone warned me that I was living in the "bad" part of town. It finally happened...thieves have struck and they are not going to be content until they have stolen every last strawberry! When we first noticed these little monsters I called my dad and said, "Will groundhogs eat our strawberries?" to which my dad replied "Yes, go get your gun and shoot them!" Well I have no gun, I would not kill a groundhog if I did, and I don't think folk living downtown would care to much for the sound of a gun going off. So when we went to Poe this weekend, Dad sent me home with a box trap. Braylon and I set it Monday evening and awoke Tuesday with a captive, but it wasn't a groundhog- it was a raccoon. So I guess we have groundhogs during the day and raccoons at night to contend with. The worst part was that we had to release the raccoon and reset the trap all before we left for work Tuesday morning. It was a frightening experience and Andrew was the one doing all the work. Let me just say that I am rethinking my stance on catching/relocating verses killing wild animals. That raccoon was vicious! Braylon thought the whole ordeal was wonderful.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Damn groundhogs...I want my strawberries!