Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3 Year Check Up

Well, its official. I have a three year old. Braylon had his check up and his last shot before school shots today. He weighs 32.5 pounds and is 37.75 inches tall. Both of which, I was surprised to learn, are above average for his age...not at the top of the percentile, but above 5oth. He has gained 7 pounds and grew 4 inches since his 2-year check up. Braylon really impressed them at his eye exam, where they were able to use the letter chart rather than the picture chart they usually use for young children. He identified all the letters correctly and passed the eye exam with flying colors. But then, my son, who has been jumping practically since he could walk, pretended like he couldn't jump when they asked him to. He did tell Dr. Mulpuru that he wanted to "be a doctor when he grew up so he could doctor girls." I also found out that now that he is three, he should be dressing himself. So I told Drew that that would be a good thing for them to work on this summer while they were home together. Braylon can put his own clothes on and take them off (he's real good at the taking off part), but we usually just do it for him...Its so much quicker. I guess this is just another step away from baby and toward little boy. I barely have any "baby" left. No doctor appointment pictures, but I do have more Birthday party pictures that Mark and Paula and John and Stephanie passed along to me. They got a lot of pictures that I didn't.
The animals on Ol' MacBraylon's farm.
Playing Duck, Duck, Goose
The Farmer in the Dell.
Lydia showing off her pretty painted toes.
Braylon and Paige hanging out in the wagon. Paige had her 1st Birthday the following day.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Wow...three years old..no way. I know I was at the party but hearing about the doctor's appointment makes it seem more real. I know it was weird to see my "baby" next to Kim's 3 month old..ummm, newsflash to me, Lydia is not a baby anymore!