Thursday, April 24, 2008

Camp Out

Last night I read Bray his bedtime story and tucked him in. I thought from the way he was acting and because he had a late nap, that he might try to get out of bed. I was really tired. So rather than going back downstairs I went on to bed. I read and listened for Braylon to get up for about 30 minutes. I never heard a peep so I went on to sleep. When I woke up this morning, this is what I found. There was nothing left on his bed except his bed sheet. He had taken every stuffed animal he sleeps with, both his pillows, and his blanket and "camped out" in the nook above the staircase.

Check out that pile of books he also took with him. What scares me the most is that he was quiet and sneaky enough to do all this without me hearing in the room next door. Or that he stayed awake for 30 minutes, until he noticed I had turned out my lamp and stopped moving around and then quietly did all of this without waking me up. Either way we are in trouble. What a squirt!

2 comments:

Paula said...

like i said before, you are going to have to get an alarm on that kids room. that is really funny and a little bit scary!

Doris Weekley said...

Sounds like the little rascal needs a cowbell. At least he has not learned how to unlock the doors yet! You may have to get a monitoring system put into place. Lewis did the exact same thing when he was being potty trained. It is just a faze. I am sure it will pass. Then he will act like his father that a bull dozer could not move!