Friday, April 3, 2009

Oww, We Got the Funk...Gotta Get That Funk (gross picture alert)

I am glad to report that Braylon's funky toe is on the mend. This picture was taken about a week ago and believe it or not, this stage was a big improvement from what it looked like a few days prior (prompting me to take him to the doctor). What in the world would cause this, you ask? Well, as embarrassing as it is to report, I must confess my son chews his toe nails...I have only actually seen him do it once, but there has not been a toe nail long enough to trim in well over 6 months...he obviously chews them at night after I lay him down to bed...So gross! Anyway, this nasty little habit of his resulted in him chewing his toenail so short that it became infected. It was so funky that he had to be put on an oral antibiotic and we had to soak his toe and then apply a bacteria-fighting cream 4 times a day for days.

3 comments:

Aunt Jeni said...

As a nurse, u can imagine that I have seen just about anything and not bothered by it-but I must admit this is VERY disturbing-LOL

Mountain Mama said...

This post was for you Aunt Jeni!

Doris Weekley said...

If that is the worst thing he does. Won't we all be lucky!

BooBoo and PaPaw