Saturday, January 3, 2009

Name Game

Jeni, D.J., and the kids got Braylon and Lando matching pajamas for Christmas. They are so cute. You can see Lando's name on his in this picture.
You can't see it as well, but Braylon's name is on his too.
Lando literally got under the Christmas tree for these pictures on Christmas night. As soon as we sent Bray off to bed Lando fell asleep...I guess his pjs were pretty comfy!

Speaking of names. Two stories:
1.) I was working on some posts earlier with Bray on my lap. He said,"I want to show you my letters to make my name." He then proceeded to point to the the keys, in order, to spell out his name. I have been working with him to learn to write the letters in his name but we had never really practiced spelling his name. So then I asked him to tell me how to spell his name and he rattled off B-R-A-Y-L-O-N. We of course had to call the grandparents and do it for them via phone. I am so proud of the little squirt. He wrote all of the letters in his name in Mom and Dad's anniversary card last week. They weren't in order, but they were all there.
2.) Last night as I was getting Braylon ready for bed he told me his whole name. I asked him if he liked his name, if Mama and Daddy did a good job picking out his name. He shook his head yes, then he said, "what are we going to name our baby sister?" I said, "are we getting a baby sister?" to which Bray replied, "yeah, we just have to ask God to give us one." Then he said "how do we tell God to give us a baby sister?" I told him that we talk to God through prayer so he immediately bowed his head and said:"God, give us a baby sister...please. Amen." Too cute! I hope God heard.

4 comments:

Paula said...

oh mir, that last one made me cry...out of the mouths of babes to Gods ears.

Doris Weekley said...

Braylon is too cute! He will surely melt all of the girls hearts. Such a sensitive little guy! We already knew he was smart!

Anonymous said...

HI BRAYLON I HAVE BEEN ASKING GOD TO GIVE US A BABY SISTER TOO BUT I WILL TAKE WHAT GOD GIVES. YOU WILL BE A WONDERFUL BROTHER TO A LUCKY BABY SOMEDAY~~~LOVE MAW MAW

Unknown said...

I do not think that it is possible for Bray to be much cuter. Really. He is such a sweetheart!

I am also digging Land's pj's. :)