Monday, January 26, 2009

My Little Patient

This is what you get when you have to wake your three year old up and be at the hospital by 6:00 AM. Yawns and bags under his eyes. Braylon had tubes put in his ears last Monday. He didn't seem too worried about anything until he found out he was going to have to lie in the hospital bed. I think it is related to seeing me in the hospital when we lost Donovan, but whatever the reason, Braylon is afraid of hospital beds.


He was also not a fan of the blood pressure cuff. I was afraid I would freak out when they took him away for the procedure, but I did OK. Luckily, the surgery took less than 15 minutes and then we were allowed to go back with him.


Poor little guy. You can see how out of it he was when he came out of the anesthesia. The nurse said if he would sleep for about 30 minutes he would be fine but of course my Bray would not. He started getting restless and was "drunk" so I picked him up to hold him, thinking maybe that would calm him and he could sleep. He was seeing and reaching for things that were not there. And his eyes would not focus. But he refused to sleep. So they went ahead and sent us home. On the way home Braylon became upset because his "Daddy has two ears...on the same side of his head." When we got home he was very irritable and it took me nearly two hours before I finally got him to sleep, but when he woke up he was back to our same ol' Bray and he has not mentioned his ears since.

For a reward for being so strong and brave Braylon requested to go to WalMart to buy "cool Star Wars" and to go eat at "Cracker Barrels". Here is PaPaw at Cracker Barrel cheering up the patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRAYLON YOU WERE A BIG BOY THAT DAY I WAS SO PROUD OF YOU AND MOMMY BOTH FOR BEING BRAVE! I DIDN'T SEE PAW PAW WITH THE BUNNY EARS ON AND I GOT THE BIGGEST KICK OUT OF THAT PICTURE! PAW PAW WEARS LOTS OF HATS IN THIS LIFE! I THINK HE WILL GIVE THE EASTER BUNNY SOME COMPETITION THIS YEAR!~~~LOVE MAW MAW