Thursday, October 8, 2009

Old Car Blues

I had no idea that Braylon had any feelings about/attachment to my Nissan Altima, until this occurred:
We decided to trade my car in before 1. Winter arrives and I can't get around and 2. It hit 100,000 miles. We took the new car for a test drive and spent about an hour in the dealership working out the deal with no clue from Braylon that he would be at all upset.

But when we went out to the Altima to clean out all of our stuff, Braylon's eyes filled up with tears and he asked, "Www, wwwh, what are you doing?" Then yelled "I don't waaaaant to leave our car behind!" and then the dam broke and he sobbed for a good 15 minutes. He accepted the Frisbee the frightened salesman gave him, but did not let up. He accepted the balloon the now horrified salesman quickly inflated, but still the tears kept coming.

He insisted on getting a picture with the car before we left it, but as you can see, even that did not make him feel any better. He fell asleep on the way home with tear streaks down his cheeks.
Drew and I love the new ride. Bray has accepted it.

3 comments:

Angie said...

This is hilarious! But don't tell Braylon. I don't want to hurt his feelings!

MAWMAW said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BRAYLON. I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN PAWPAW TRADED MY WONDERFUL BUICK FOR THAT OLD GMC TRUCK!!!!I HATED TO SEE HER GO!I LOVE YOU MUCH, MAWMAW

Doris Weekley said...

BooBoo's heart breaks when she sees her sweetheart crying. Love you little guy!