Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Or should I say Sunday Feast...this is not some special occasion...MaMaw Helen cooks for the family like this every Sunday.
Lets go over this menu:
Cabbage rolls, the worlds best fried chicken, green beans (canned from her garden), rolls, baked beans, the worlds best macaroni and cheese, corn (canned from her garden), home-made dill pickles, the worlds best mashed potatoes, and gravy. Oh, and her famous orange Kool-Aid with pineapple juice to drink. The cook gets the head of the table. Well deserved.

Good food and family...In my book, it doesn't get any better than this. Braylon was all lovey on his Uncle D.J. this last trip. D.J. got tons of nice long hugs. Cousin Aleigha...I have never seen a little girl look more like her daddy than this one does...well except maybe Lydia...she looks a whole lot like her daddy too.
Braylon absolutely adores his baby cousin Amara. You can tell he thinks she is so cute that he would like to squeeze her. He is always touching her face and head...but he is so gentle with her.
He would be such a good big brother. And no question about it, he would love to have a baby sister. He has been asking me a lot lately if I have a baby sister in my belly yet or when am I going to get him a baby sister.
And here is our Jo. She is in this phase right now where she thinks Bray is the greatest thing in the world. She says she is a princess and Braylon is her prince. When she finds out that we are on our way down to Poe, Mom and Dad say that she lays on the couch and pretends to be in a deep sleep and waits for her prince to come give her a kiss to "wakeded" her. Braylon thinks that JoLee is pretty special too!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I am not sure if there will ever be a daughter that could beat our lydia in that contest..and bring me back some mac-n-cheese next time..sounds soooo good!

MAW MAW said...

I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS AND MY HANDSOME PRINCE! FOR ONE OF THE FIRST TIMES EVER JoLEE CRIED TO GO HOME TONIGHT. SHE SAID SHE MISSTED HER DADDY AND CADEN RAY. I TOLD HER THAT WAS NORMAL WHEN YOU ARE AWAY FROM SOMEONE TO MISS THEM. I SAID TO HER, DO YOU MISS ME WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR HOUSE. SHE SAID, YES. I TOLD HER WHEN I AM WITH YOU I MISS BRAYLON AND WHEN I AM WITH BRAYLON I MISS YOU. SHE SMILED AND GAVE ME A KISS ON THE ARM. AND SHE WAS FINE!! GRANDKIDS ARE SO SPECIAL. I LOVE ALL 5 OF MINE~~~LOVE MAW MAW