Friday, September 10, 2010

Mommy/Braylon Days, Day One.

The first day Braylon and I spent together before he started Kindergarten, we took Lando to the dog park and went on a scavenger hunt. The night before, Bray and I made a list of things he wanted to find on his scavenger hunt, it was as follows:
  1. Bear fur
  2. Deer fur
  3. Deer antlers
  4. Snake skin
  5. A dead chipmunk
While there Braylon said, "you know what would be cool?...if we found a squirrelmunk...with the body of a squirrel and the face of a chipmunk!" We didn't find any of these things so we took Lando back home, met April for lunch, and then went to the park.


After the park we went to the open house at Bray's school. Notice the one glove Bray is wearing below...he insisted on wearing it in to meet his teachers. I was wearing a ring that Braylon made for me out of curling ribbon. We looked fabulous...I am sure that his teachers could not wait for their school year with us to begin!
Since we had no luck at the park, we went on a hike/scavenger hunt on the trail out at Prickett's Fort.
We didn't find the items Bray wanted, but we did find a few treasures.

We made it back to the car just as it started to rain. We hung out in the back and played with some of Bray's toy animals. He thought it was so fun and wants to play in the back of the Honda all the time now...even when we are at home.
I love this kid more than I can put into words! He is making me so proud at Kindergarten. I knew he would do fine, but I didn't expect him to love it as much as he does! He is always so happy about his day when he gets home and not once (so far) has he complained in the mornings about having to go. And even more surprising, from what I have been told, his behavior has been wonderful, although he is apparently a bit of a social butterfly!

1 comment:

Paula said...

We love having him at Monongah