Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Warm Out Today

It was so nice out today. Braylon and I couldn't wait to get home from school/work and break out his sand box. One day last week, when the weather got into the 70s, we took April along with us for a picnic at the park. Braylon took his shoes off (yes, Mom and Dad I let him be barefoot outside prior to the 1st of May) and played in the sandbox.

Braylon insisted that April, get in and take her shoes off too.
Braylon and April made a beautiful dry-sand, sandcastle complete with a moat. And yes, that handful of sand did come flying at me just as I took the picture...Squirt!
After the picnic and playing at the park, April treated us to some gelato at Colasessano's. Braylon loved the Strawberry.
I mean really loved it!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Isn't the Watson Park the best? What is the May 1st rule?

Unknown said...

That was a nice, funky sand castle that was built that day! ;) And, some serious freeze tag was played. Good times!

Mountain Mama said...

How could I have forgotten to mention that Braylon proclaimed the sand and then everything else for the rest of the night "funky"? And the freeze tag was lots of fun!
And Paula according to every adult in my family, as I was growing up, you weren't allowed to go outside barefoot before May 1st or you would get a cold...this was strictly enforced, but come May 1st we could play barefoot all we wanted.

Paula said...

How funny..I have never heard that before..